Your privacy matters to us so please take a moment to familiarise yourself with this Shell TapUp Consumer Privacy Statement and contact us if you have any questions or queries. This Privacy Statement complements the Shell Privacy Notice – Motorist, Single-Sign-On available at www.shell.us/privacy/b2c-notice.
What does this Privacy Statement cover?
This Privacy Statement provides information about personal data which are collected and processed in the context of the usage of the Shell TapUp Application (“Shell TapUp App”) by individual consumers.
When deploying the Shell TapUp App, Equilon Enterprises LLC dba Shell Oil Products US (“Shell”) or its affiliates (together “the Shell Group”) may collect and process information that is necessary for assessing the identity and vehicle of the user. When the Shell TapUp App is being used, the Shell Group may collect and process transactional and location information of the Shell TapUp App users in real time.
What data do we process?
Depending on your use of the Shell TapUp App, Shell may process some or all of the following types of data:
- Shell TapUp App profile information containing your contact details including name, address, marketing preferences, email addresses, telephone numbers and language preferences.
- Vehicle identification information including, license plate number, make, model, color and image of the vehicle.
- Transaction details including user’s name, card number, vehicle identifier, booking information, products purchased, date, time and location.
- Information generated as a result of your use of the Shell TapUp App such as how and where you use the Shell TapUp App. Such information may include electronic device information and identifiers, IP addresses, log information, location information, online identifiers to enable ‘cookies’ and similar technologies.
Purposes for processing the data collected
Personal Data supplied by a user of the Shell TapUp App or otherwise collected during the use of the Shell TapUp App is collected for:
- processing the Shell TapUp booking;
- operating the Shell TapUp App profile of the user and facilitating access to and use of the online services relating to Shell TapUp delivery;
- monitoring volume and spend information;
- conducting aggregated market research and/or statistical analysis;
- identifying and (if possible) preventing money laundering and fraud; and/or
- marketing and commercial communications.
Shell may send marketing communications and offers to Shell TapUp App users. Individuals are free to opt out of such communications and offers at any time by following the instructions set forth in such communications and offers. If you opt out of marketing communications and offers, you may still receive service updates and notifications in relation to the Shell TapUp App. For more information please refer to the Shell Privacy Notice – Motorist, Single-Sign-On available at www.shell.us/privacy/b2c-notice.
Who is responsible for any personal data collected?
Equilon Enterprises LLC dba Shell Oil Products US, a Delaware limited liability company having its office at 150 N. Dairy Ashford, Houston, Texas, 77079, USA is the Data Controller for processing personal data.
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data may be transferred within the Shell Group as well as to third party service providers that provide services for the operation of the Shell TapUp, such as payment processors in order to facilitate payment for the Shell TapUp service.
You can find further information from the Shell Privacy Notice – Motorist, Single-Sign-On available at www.shell.us/privacy/b2c-notice.
Who can I contact for more information?
You can contact Shell TapUp via the Shell Customer Service Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone number 888-GO-SHELL (888-467-4355).